Updated on May 4, 2019
- Saya U Min Wun matriculated from Taung Dwin Gyi in 1949.
- His close friends called him “Kyit In”.
- His brothers include Dr. Kyi Soe and Dr. Aung Win (BDS).
- His early sayas include U Mu, father of Daw Khin Maw Maw (spouse of Dr. Tun Aung Gyaw (EC69)).
- Saya U Min Wun, Saya Dr. Aung Gyi and Saya U Maung Maung Than were the first group of engineering students to benefit from the “Twinning Program” to attend prestigious universities in the USA.
- Saya U Min Wun did his BS at MIT and his MS (specializing in Photogrammetry) at Cornell University.
- Upon their return to Burma, Saya joined Civil Engineering Department as Assistant Lecturer and was promoted a year later to Lecturer.
- Saya retired as Professor and Head of Civil Engineering and relocated to the USA.
- Per request of his former students, Saya worked at CalTran (California Transportation) until he reached 80.
- In our 2nd BE in 1964, Saya taught “Surveying”. He used the “reverse” seating plan (starting with Roll Number One from the back row to the highest roll numbers in the front row. He enforced a strict attendance policy. Some students joking said, “Min Win yin Nga htwet”. “
- Saya was one of the early readers of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter”. He wrote several articles for the Newsletter.
- Saya is healthy. He practices Vipassana meditation. But his spouse who has a medical problem requested Saya not to go on long trips (e.g. PZPs in Myanmar). His former students sent Garawa money to saya via those traveling to Southern California.
- Advisor, Myanmar Pyeikkadein Ah Kyan Pay Ah Phwe
- Supplement to the Kyaik Hti Yo Project (The original original photo essay was done by Saya Dr. Koung Nyunt (A67, GBNF)).
- Bagan Restoration
- History of RIT Civil Engineering Department (The article appeared on the CD supplement of HMEE-2012 book)
- Interview by Aung Zay Internet TV (based in Southern California)