Updated on June 10, 2019
- Dr. Myint Thein (M73) rowed for RIT.
- He studied for his doctorate at Georgia Tech in Atlanta.
- His pen name is Ba Thein (Atlanta).
- He wrote several articles for “RIT Alumni International Newsletter”.
- One article was an apology to Sayagyi U Ba Toke. (Sayagyi served as Rector of MASU. He requested to be transferred to RIT as Professor of Mathematics. Sayagyi mostly taught Mathematics for the M.E. students, but he also gave lectures on selected topics to 5th and 6th B.E. classes.)
- He wrote about some students poking fun at the pronunciation of Saya Arya. Saya Arya complained to Sayagyi U Ba Than …
- His articles covered (a) RUBC (b) Hovercraft (c) his trip to RIT (d) call for donation to SPZP.
- He found his life love in his old school mate (T73). They wed around SPZP-2000.
- He gave me a book that he bought in Myanmar. The author Kyi Aye (Yamethin) wrote about Minthuwun, U Tin Aye (Shan Pyay), U Thein Pe Myint, and Daw Khin Kyi.