Updated on May 3, 2019
- Saya Dr. Koung Nyunt (A67) is the younger brother of U Than Soe (M63, RUBC Gold).
- He was Secretary of the RIT Photography Association.
- His pen name is “Kogyi Koung”.
- He received his doctorate from Japan. He also found his love life “Moe Moe”.
- Due to the immigration laws in Myanmar and Japan, the family finally decided to move to Auckland, New Zealand.
- He was an organizer for RIT events in New Zealand. U Myo Lwin (Stanley Saw, M71) and U Kyaw Thu (Dennis Mackey, C73) were also active organizers at that time.
- He wrote several articles for RIT Alumni International Newsletter.
- One article is about two Forgotten Songs from RIT. (a) One song is a favorite of Saya U Tha Tun (Head of Architecture Department). (b) Another song is about a Belle and her fans (sayas and alumni).
- He wrote a photo essay on Kyaik Hti Yo Development. Saya U Min Wun wrote a supplement article for the Project.
- He wrote a letter to the Thagyar Min to second his favorable opinion on Naw Louisa Benson (Miss Burma and movie actress).
- He wrote about some paintings.
- He would quote the poems of Reverend F Lutvig (Ashin Ananda, Laureate Poet) in his articles.
- Saya passed away, but “Moe Moe” kept contact with Daw Phyu Phyu Latt (Christine, A70) and other alumni in Australia.