Updated : May 2, 2019
- Saya U Ba Kyi taught at the Institute of Education.
- He is a renowned painter.
- One of his works was displayed at the then new Mingaladon airport.
- Grapevine says that he spent 49 days in sabbath before illustrating Mahaandayone Sayadaw’s “History of Buddhism”.
- Saya translated the chorus of the song “Hne Yauk Hte Nay Chin De” (composed by Songwriter Saya Myoma Nyein) into English. He then sang it to the accompaniment on the violin by Saya Dr. Maung Maung Kha.
- The two sayas served as Patrons of the Rangoon University Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thinn.