Updated on May 2, 2009
- I have completed two decades as Chief Editor of “RIT Alumni International”.
- I will attend the Golden Jubilee of Graduation on December 14, 2019 at the YTU Assembly Hall.
- I wrote 64 “Count down to the Reunion” and 36 “Post Reunion” for SPZP-2000.
- I wrote 30+ blogs in three days (during my visit to Yangon in 2018).
- I wrote 1600+ Trivia posts in the past year.
- I am revising posts in hlamin.com in the hope of publishing books (soft copy and print).
- CABA has pledged support for the project.
The following is my Trivia Post #1500 titled “Another Milestone”
- 1500 meters is a metric mile.
- There are 1500 Kilesa (or mental defilement).
- I have dumped my still reasonably good memory to pay back to my alma mater. I attended PPBRS, SPHS, RIT and UCC. I taught at UCC, DCS and ICST.
- I requested sayas and alumni to help me with my journey. Ashin Pannagavesaka (Uzin Bobby Myo Tun, A69) was the first respondent.
- Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (SPHS60), Dr. Nyunt Wai (SPHS63), Dr. Khin Maung U (SPHS63), U Aung Myint (AM, SPHS64, UCC), U Khin Maung Zaw (KMZ, SPHS70, EC76), some sayas (e.g. Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi) and alumni added value to my posts with their insightful comments.
- U Aung Min is my classmate from I.Sc.(A) and RIT. In I.Sc.(A), our roll numbers were B115 and B116. He called me the other day and spoke for about half an hour. He told me to slow down using my mental energy.
- I know only a tiny fraction of sayas and alumni. But I know them with reasonable detail.
- I am a Jack of All Trades and Master of Some. There are many areas of knowledge that I do not know. But I know a few areas with reasonable detail.
- I am grateful to my ancestors who are philanthropists. They led by example. They donated cash and kind for hospitals, schools, religious and social institutions. I cannot donate a fraction of what they did in cash, but I have donated my time and energy.
- I am grateful to my “Let Oo Sayas”. My beloved father said, “Any thing that is worth doing is worth doing well.” My beloved mother said, “Eyes have you and you see not. Ears have you and hear not”. Without their unbounded love, support and exhortation, I would not be where I am today.
- “If one can dream, others can fulfill.” It was true of Jules Verne.
- I had two of my dreams fulfilled : (a) to get the sayas and alumni get connected and re-connected electronically and physically (b) to pay back the metta and cetana of our mentors via SPZP.
- I dream to see the successful implementation of “Written and Oral History” Project staring with our alma mater.
- I hope that amateur and professional folklorists and historians can massage my posts into readable books and references.