Health Care Funds
U Thaung Sein (Steeve Kay, EC70) pledged and/or donated US$50,0000 and established the “Steeve and Helen Kay Health Care Fund for RIT Sayas”. The implementation was supported by a committee of sayas and selected alumni (including U Win Khaing). In addition to support for “Nar Ye” and sayas needing serious medical treatment, the program was extended to cover medical checkup. The balance of the fund was transferred to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation.
U Khin Maung Tun
U Khin Maung Tun (T78) and family established a Health Care Fund to provide Vision Care for eligible sayas. The balance of the fund was transferred to Swel Daw Yeik Foundation.
Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF)
The idea of SDYF was discussed before, during and after SPZP-2012.
Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War), who proposed the idea, is a Patron of SDYF.
U Khin Maung Tun (T78) pledged and/or donated K1500 Lakhs to SDYF and related causes. He served as President and hosted monthly meetings with sumptuous lunch.
There are several objectives. They include helping engineering sayas and students — past, present and future, establishing “Saya Geha”, provide financial assistance for SPZPs and related Projects (e.g. YTU Library Modernization Project).
SDYF has provided financial support for eligible sayas. It had continued and enhanced the programs that were implemented by the “Steeve and Helen Kay Health Care Fund” and “U Khin Maung Tun’s family Health Care Fund”.
The eligibility rules and the financial support may change over the years.
- Eligible sayas who are hospitalized are provide K4 lakhs.
- Eligible sayas who need to visit medical clinics frequently are considered on a case-by-case basis for financial assistance.
- Sayas who require medical treatment and long term care are considered on a case-by-case basis for financial assistance. Saya U Kyaw Sein (M65) and Saya U Ohn Maung (ChE68) were voted at the SDYF meetings for annual financial assistance.
- Eligible sayas are provided Annual Medical Checkup. The facilitators include May Nge and group.
- Eligible sayas are provided Vision Checkup and followup treatment (e.g. cataract operation).
U Ohn Maung
- Saya U Ohn Maung (SPHS62, ChE68) requires medical treatment and long term care.
- Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF) decided in a meeting to provide annual financial assistance of K4 Lakhs to Saya U Ohn Maung.
- The facilitators include U Wynn Htain Oo (M72), Saya U Soe Myint (Min83) and U Khin Maung Htwe (who also donated K20,000).
- The total K420,000 was given to Sayagadaw Daw Wai Mon Ohn Maung on 16th October, 2018.