Updated on April 20, 2019
Private Primary Boundary Road School (PPBRS) was founded by Daw Tin Tin Aye. She was succeeded by her younger sister Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) as Principal. Daw Yi Yi (second sister) taught Infant (A) [equivalent to Higher KG].
PPBRS was located at 109 Boundary Road.
The school was renamed PBRS (Private Boundary Road School) after it opened classes for Middle School and High School.
Most students were from nearby places : Windermere, Inya, Myenigone and San Chaung.
Among the alumni are
- U Tin Maung Thant (son of UNSG U Thant)
- Francis Ohn Maung (son of Arzani U Ohn Maung)
- Dr. Flora Aye
- Kun Lone family (Bonzo, Bonnie, Ruby, Pearl)
- Elizabeth Kyaw Tun (Ph.D. in English, daughter of Saya U Kyaw Tun)
- Kenneth San and Margaret San (moved from Taung Gyi)
- Daw Pyone Khin (daughter of U Ba Yoke)
- my siblings and cousins
- A1 Family Members
A1 Family Members
The movie pioneers in Burma include the four brothers : A1 U Tin Nwe, U Nyi Pu, U Maung Maung Soe, and A1 U Tin Maung.
- The sons of U Tin Nwe include U Thein Zaw (actor) and U Hla Myo (who directed several movies with Nyunt Win).
- The sons-in-law of U Tin Nwe include U Mya Maung, U Hla Bu and U Tin Yu.
- U Mya Maung’s children — Peggy, Winnie (Win Mar), Ted (Toe Nyunt). Rosebelle (Sandar, Sar Oo) — attended PPBRS.
- U Hla Bu’s children — Margie Bu (Ma Aung Si), Stanley Bu (A1 Than Htut), Freddie Bu (A1 Thein Htut, Sat Su), Bobby Bu (Aung Myint, Thamankyar Ko Myint) and Sai Wunna — attended PPBRS.
- U Tin Yu’s children — Zelma Yu (spouse of Than Win, script writer for Thamankyar), Zaw Min Yu and Zinthe Yu.
- U Nyi Pu founded Ma Weik Za Do Films (which produced “Thamankyar”).
- U Nyi Pu’s daughter attended PPBRS.
- Sayamagyi Daw Khin Khin Aye (Teacher Ah Mar) supported her former students to direct and produce “Thamankyar”. The twin brothers Than Htut and Thein Htut were Directors. Toe Nyunt, Aung Myint and Wunna were Actors. Than Win was be the script writer.
- U Maung Maung Soe was Actor, Director and Producer.
- His son-in-law U Maung Maung has his own Studio.
- U Maung Maung’s children — Rosalind (Ma Pyi Aye, A66), Richard and Glory (Khin Than Nu, EC70, spouse of Thane Myint) — attended PPBRS.
- U Tin Maung was Actor before he turned Director and Producer.
- Phyliis Tin Maung attended PPBRS.
Since it is a huge extended family, I do not know some members.
- Ma Pyi Aye graduated in 1966 with Architecture.
- Aung Myint graduated in 1970 with Mining Engineering.
- Than Win graduated in 1970 with Textile Engineering.
- Win Mar won the Academy Award for her role in “Pho Pyone Cho”. She became a doctor, and did not pursue a career in movies.
- Sar Oo won the Academy Award for her role in “Hne Hmar Ah The”.
- Toe Nyunt became known as “Shwe Gaung Byaung”.
- Thein Htut became known as “Sat Su”.
- Aung Chein, nephew of U Hla Bu, was selected Luyechun. He graduated in 1972 with Mechanical Engineering.
- Myat Hla Sein and Chit Mya Sein (children of U Chin Sein)
- Myo Set (son of Thar Gaung Gyi)
- Han Tun (SPHS63, DSA) and his siblings
- Nay Win (MEHS63, M69)