Updated on March 21, 2019
The Class includes those
- who joined RIT in 1967
- who graduated in 1973 and beyond
Dennis Mackey (C73) and George Peters (C73)
Dennis Mackey (Kyaw Thu, C73) and George Peters (C73) did their final year project at UCC. Their supervisor was Saya Allen Htay (C58, GBNF).
George moved to Perth, Australia. I met him at the RIT Reunion Dinner in Sydney, Australia in 2006.
Dennis moved to Auckland, New Zealand. He reported about the alumni activities in NZ along with Saya Dr. Koung Nyunt (A67, GBNF) and Stanley Saw (Myo Lwin, M71).
After retirement, Dennis moved to Canada.
In late 2018, Dennis paid respect to Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi.
U San Lin (Robert, EC73) and Daw Hla Myint (Marina, EC73)
- Robert’s father (Chan Boon Pin) graduated with Mechanical and Engineering Combined Degree from the Faculty of Engineering in 1948 – 49.
- Robert studied M.Sc. (Computer Science) at UCC.
- He worked in Singapore and the US.
- After retirement, he moved to Dallas, Texas to be near his son and grand children.
U Htun Aung Kyaw (HAK, EC73)
- Htun Aung Kyaw (HAK) and Tun Aung Gyaw (TAG) are variant spellings of the same Burmese name.
- HAK is an excellent golfer.
- HAK worked for Schlumberger before moving to Sydney, Australia.
Dr. Myint Thein (M73)
- He did his doctorate at Georgia Institute of Technology (aka Georgia Tech) in Atlanta.
- For some time, he wrote with the pen name Maung Ba Thein (Atlanta).
- He wrote several articles for RIT Alumni International Newsletter.
Dr. L Sein Myint (M73)
- He is the younger brother of L Than Myint (M63, RUBC Gold).
- He did his doctorate in the UK.
- He spends his time in the US, Myanmar and Australia.
- He helped organize the first Alumni Reunion in the East Coast of the US.
U Khin Maung Aye (MEHS67, M73)
- He took the Applications Option for his M.Sc. (Computer Science).
- He is GBNF.
U Myo Myint (M)
U Myo Myint is from the Class of 73. He took sabbatical and graduated in 1974. He retired as Deputy Chief Engineer of Burma Railways.
He has connections with the Class of 72. His spouse is a cousin of U Myo Myint Pe (ChE72). He shared a dinner table with Saya U Aung Myaing (ChE72).
He designed and drew covers for RIT Annual Magazines and the commemorative issues of Swel Daw Yeik Magazines.
U Myo Myint drew Pon Tus of sayas and sayamas, and gave most of them as presents at the SPZPs or RIT gatherings. He sent via Lu Kyone some Pon Tus for the overseas sayas.
He also drew Oil Paintings and sold (or auctioned) them and gave the proceeds to the SPZP funds.
Sample paintings are shown here.
U Hla Win (M)
- U Hla Win is from the Class of 73. He took sabbatical and graduated in 1975.
- He served as Master of Ceremonies for (a) All Mechanical Gathering (b) Gatherings for the Class of 73, 74 and 75
- He is a core organizer for SPZP-2004, SPZP-2012 and SPZP-2016.
- He is an EC and Saya at MARB.