Updated on March 20, 2019
- R.U. Society of Electrical Engineering Students
- Association of Engineers in Burma after the Second World War
- RIT Alumni International
- NorCal RITAA
- RIT Buddhist Association
R.U. Society of Electrical Engineering Students
Executive Committee (1960 – 61)
Burmese Society of Civil Engineers
Working Committee (Founded 1959)
Association of Engineers in Burma after the Second World War
The account was retold by Saya U Tin U and recorded by Saya U Ba Than.
- Re-instituted about 1955-56
- President : Sayagyi U Ba Hli, Dean of Engineering, University of Rangoon
- Honorary Secretary : Saya U Soon Sein (Professor, Mining)
- Honorary Treasurer : Saya U Tin U (Part time Lecturer, Civil)
During the Adhamma Era, many associations (especially student and alumni organizations) were not allowed.
With the dawning of the Pwint Linn Era, RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association was allowed to register, but many alumni were not aware of the association and its objectives. Only a few (mostly members of the “80000 YaThay”) actively participated in the formative events. There was virtually no fund to operate.
Then, things started to click.
- Space for the Alumni Association was provided by YTU
- Donations — large and small — were received (mostly for the YTU Library Modernization Project which is a requirement for the Accreditation)
- Membership (Life membership for K60000) grew.
- Saya’s Corner was established.
- Staff and Volunteers helped with the regular and ad hoc projects
- Young alumni came forward to help with the leadership
Meeting for the preparation of AGM
ရန္ကုန္စက္မူတကၠသိုလ္/ရန္ကုန္နည္ပညာတကၠသိုလ္ေက်ာင္းသားေက်ာင္းသူေဟာင္းမ်ားအဖြဲ႔ အလုပ္အမွဴေဆာင္မ်ား ခင္ဗ်ား
ရန္ကုန္စက္မူတကၠသိုလ္/ရန္ကုန္နည္းပညာတကၠသိုလ္ေက်ာင္းသားေက်ာင္းသူေဟာင္းမ်ားအဖြဲ႔ ပထမအၾကိမ္အသင္းသားစုံညီညီလာခံ ႏွင့္အလုပ္အမွဳေဆာင္ေရြးခ်ယ္တင္ေျမွာက္ပြဲ ျပင္ဆင္ေရး အစည္းအေ၀း တက္ေရာက္ႏုိင္ပါရန္ ေလးစားစြာ ဖိတ္ၾကားအပ္ပါသည္။
အခ်ိန္ ။ ။ညေန(၃း၀၀နာရီ မွ ၅း၀၀နာရီ)။ ၂၃ စက္တင္ဘာ ၂၀၁၈၊တနဂၤေႏြေန႕
ေနရာ။ ။ ရန္ကုန္စက္မူတကၠသိုလ္/ရန္ကုန္နည္းပညာတကၠသိုလ္ေက်ာင္းသားေက်ာင္းသူေဟာင္းမ်ားအဖြဲ႔ ရုံးခန္း၊ အခန္း(၁) ေျမညီထပ္၊ အေဆာင္ (၂)၊ ရန္ကုုန္နည္းပညာတကၠသုုိလ္
Saya U Moe Aung wrote :
သည္ေန႔ ၂၃-၉-၂ဝ၁၈ RIT/YIT/YTU Alumni Association
ေအာက္ေမ့သတိရလ်က္ရွိသည္႔ ကန္တင္းတြင္ ထိုင္ၾကစဥ္။
စာေရးသူ၊ ကိုေမာင္ေမာင္အုန္း၊ ကိုတင္လတ္၊ ကိုျမင့္ေဖ၊ ကိုမ်ိ ဳ းေအး၊ကိုဝင္းထိန္ဦး။
RITAA (formally known as RIT-YIT-YTU RIT Alumni Association) has conducted the AGM (Annual General Meeting). The Interim Committee headed by U Tin Latt (M85) is to be congratulated for the work being done.
The AGM elected U Myo Aye (M94) as President.
One Photo shows Hmaw Sayagyi U Wynn Htain Oo (M72) with the Outgoing and Incoming Presidents of RITAA. WHO is extremely happy to have fulfilled his promise of “handing over the torch to the young and not so young”. The oldies will continue to support key projects and share their experience.
RITAA ( 2018 – 2020 )
ဥကၠ႒ – ဦးမ်ိဳးေအး M94
ဒုဥကၠ႒ – ဦးတင္လတ္ M85
ဒုဥကၠ႒ – ဦးလွဝင္း M75
ဒုဥကၠ႒ – ဦးစန္းၾကဴ Ci87
ဒုဥကၠ႒ – ဦးစိုးျမင့္ Mn1983
ဒုဥကၠ႒ – ဦးခင္ေမာင္လြင္ M91
General Secretary- ဦးေအာင္ခိုင္M98
တြဲ ၁ – ဦးေကာင္းျမတ္စိုး Ec2003
တြဲ ၂ – ဦးေအာင္ဆန္း M77
တြဲ ၃ – ဦးတင့္ႀကိဳင္ Petro94
တြဲ ၄ – ေဒၚလွသႏၲာသိန္း M92
တြဲ ၅ – ေဒၚေအးေအးခိုင္ M93
ဘ႑ာေရးမွဴး – ဦးေက်ာ္လွိဳင္ M86
တြဲ ၁ – ေဒၚနန္းခင္ႏြဲ႕ M92
တြဲ ၂ – ေဒၚၾကည္ၾကည္ဝင္း EP79
တြဲ ၃ – ဦးတင္ထြန္းေအာင္ M75
ျပန္ၾကားေရး – ဦးေက်ာ္စိုး M81
တြဲ ၁ – ဦးေက်ာ္ဆန္း Ci81
တြဲ ၂ – ဦးကိုေလး M91
တြဲ ၃ – ေဒၚျပံဳးျပံဳးဦး Ci79
စာရင္းစစ္ – ဦးတင္ဦး M87
တြဲ ၁ – ဦးေမာင္ေမာင္သန္း M81
တြဲ ၂ – ဦးဝင္းေမာင္ Ci79
တြဲ ၃ – ဦးေက်ာ္ေက်ာ္ငယ္ Ec95
၁။ ဦးဇာနည္ထြန္း Ec78
၂။ ဦးဝင္းေနာင္ M92
၃။ ဦးသန္႔စင္ M82
၄။ ဦးသန္းဝင္း M77
၅။ ေဒၚေမသက္လိႈင္ M96
၆။ ဦးေမာင္ေမာင္အုန္း Mn79
၇။ ေဒၚခင္ေဆြဦး Ci84
၈။ ဦးမ်ိဳးျမင့္ Ci85
၉။ ဦးျပည့္ၿဖိဳးကို Ec2003
SDYF (Swel Daw Yeik Foundation) provides Annual Medical Check up for eligible sayas and sayamas.
SDYF also provides some financial assistance to eligible sayas and sayamas.
When a Saya or Sayama passes away, SDYF offers 2 Lakh Kyats to the bereaved family.
SDYF offers 4 Lakh Kyats to eligible sayas and sayamas
- for Hospitalization
- for frequent medical check ups
- for severe loss of mobility
SDYF also considers case-by-case for sayas and sayamas needing financial assistance for health care.
Executive Committee of Swel Daw Yeik Foundation (SDYF)
U Khin Maung Tun
- U Hla Win
- U Soe Myint
- U Than Po
- Daw Khin Sandar Tun
- U Khin Maung Shwe
- U Kyaw San
Secretary General :
U Tin Latt
Joint Secretaries :
- U Tin Oo
- Daw Aye Aye Khaing
- Daw Htay Htay Win
- Ko Myo Kyaw
- U Moe Zaw Oo
- U Kyaw Kyaw Nge
U Kyaw Hlaing
Joint Treasurers :
- Daw Nan Khin Nwe
- U Maung Maung Than
- Daw May Thet Hlaing
Daw Sandi Hlaing
Joint Auditors :
- Daw Win Win Myo
- Daw Kyi Kyi Pyone
- Daw Khin Wah Oo
- Daw Hla Thandar Thein
Public Relations Officer :
U Myint Aung (MRTV)
Joint PR Officers :
- U Khin Maung Lwin
- Daw Soe Soe Nu
- U Zaw Lay Win
- U Zarni
EC Members :
- U Win Naing
- U Myo Han
- U Than Htay
- U Than Win
- Ko Ye Han
- Ko Nyan Tun
- U Ohn Khine
- Daw Kyi Ngwe
- U Tin Maung Naing
- U Soe Soe Than
- U Aung Kyi Soe
- U Nwe Win
- Dr. Zaw Lin Aung
- U Ko Ko
- U Myint Aung (YTU)
- U Aung Thet Paing
BAPS stands for Burmese American Professional Society.
With the approval of Sayagyi U Aung Khin, BEA (mostly RIT alumni) and BASTS (younger engineers and scientists) merged to become BAPS.
Saya U Nyo Win (M65), Benny Tan (M70) and Maurice Chee (M75) served as President of BAPS.
U Aung Myint (Henry Lim) served as Chief Editor of BAPS Newsletter.
Saya U Thein Aung (Met72) was Burmese Language Editor.
They would volunteers as Editor of the commemorative issue of “RIT Alumni International Newsletter” for SPZP-2000.
I served as Contributor for BAPS Newsletter and as Chief Editor of RIT Alumni International Newsletter.
RIT Alumni International
The Association was formed by members of the San Francisco Bay Area Group led by Saya Allen Htay (C58) with the main objective to host the First RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe in 2000.
The Association was formed to revive the RIT-related activities in Northern California.
- Scholarship for eligible children of Alumni attending a US University
- Scholarship for eligible students attending YTU
- Training Component of the YTU Library Modernization Project
- Additional donation for the YTU Library Modernization Project
Past Presidents : Saya U Maung Maung (George, ChE66), U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon, M83)
President : U Aung Myint Oo (EC84)
Past Chair of BOD : Stan Liou (M67)
Chair of BOD : Saya U Myat Htoo (C68)
The Association was founded by Saya U Tin Htut (M60), U Tin Htway (M59) and U Tun Tin (David).
It is based in Southern California.
Past Presidents : Saya U Tin Htut, U Tin Htway, U Tun Tin, Saya Dr. Tin Win (M62), Saya Dr. Chris Lee (M59), U Khin Maung Lay (T68), U Thura Thant Zin (M76)
President : U Tin Nwe (Milton Sein, C68)
Myanmar Engineering Society is a Non-Profit Organization. It is not an Alumni Association, but several sayas and alumni served as EC members.
Past Presidents : Dr. Sein Myint, Saya U Nyi Hla Nge, U Than Myint, U Han Zaw, U Win Khine
RIT Buddhist Association
Some sayas served as Patrons of the RIT Buddhist Association. Some alumni served as EC members.
- Saya Dr. Thein Hlyne
- Saya U Sein Maung (EE63)
- Saya U Lin (M66)
- Saya U Tin Shwe (EP66, GBNF)
- Saya U Soe Myint (Min83)
- U Kyi Twe (A70)
- U Myint Soe (M79)
- U Sein Win (C80)
- U Maung Maung Lay
The Association’s activities include
- Kathein robe offering
- Library of Buddhist books
- Ovada of sayas and sayamas
The RIT Buddhist Association published two books for SPZP-2012.
- Collection of the Ovada (Exhortations) of the sayas and sayamas [mostly Professor and/or Head of Departments or their representatives] given at the “Arcariya Pu Zaw Pwes” at RIT/YIT.
- History and the activities of the RIT Buddhist Association. Contributors include Saya Dr. Thein Hlyne, Saya U Sein Maung, Saya U Linn. Saya U Soe Myint, and several EC members (notably U Maung Maung Lay and spouse).
The Theravada Buddhist Society of America was formed to support the Dhammananda Vihara and its activities.
During a Dhamma Duta mission in 1979, Mahasi Sayadawgyi agreed to leave two sayadaws to carry out the missionary work in the US.
Sayadaw U Silanandabhivamsa’s life and accomplishments have been recorded in the
- Dhammananda Newsletters
- TBSA website
- Commemorative book (“Maw Gun Win Sar Saung”)
- DVDs about Sayadaw’s “Last Journey” and his lifelong achievements (including the first Rectorship of IMBTU).
TBSA hosts several events every year.
- Htamane Pwe and Ovada Patimauk Ceremony
- Myanmar New Year (Thingyan Festival)
- Full Moon Day of May (Thrice Blessed Day)
- Waso robe offering
- Thadinkyut Festival
- Tazaungdaing Festival
- Monthly weekend retrea
- Long term retreats
- Summer Dhamma Camp for youths
I used to volunteer as Translator/Interpreter for Meditation Retreats at Tathagata Meditation Center (TMC).
TMC provided several books as Dhamma Dana.