Updated on March 15, 2019
Beginning with Y
- U Yan Aung is an actor.
- U Yan Aung is a teacher and Say Saya.
- Dr. Yan Naing Lwin is Professor Emeritus at Western Illinois University.
- U Yan Shin (Hardy Sein) is an Old Croc.
- Daw Yin Kyi (T61) is one of the pioneer female engineering graduates. Sayama Daw Tin Tin Ohn (T61, GBNF), Sayama Daw Julie Han (T61, GBNF), Daw Mi Mi Lay (T61) and Pauline Reynolds (CE61) wrap up the elite group. Thanks to Daw Khin Than Nwe (T62) for mentioning Daw Mi Mi Lay.
- Daw Yin Kywe attended UCC and found her soul mate U Soe Myint (M72, GBNF).
- .U Yin Maung won the Senior Novices at RUBC with U Than Soe (M63, RUBC Gold), U Chit Swe, Dr. Byron Law Yone and U Hla Moe (Cox, GBNF). He later represented the Faculty of Engineering in the Inter-Faculty events.
- Maung Yin Maung is a fictional character in the first Burmese novel by James Hla Kyaw.
- Yin Maung is the pen name of Saya Dr. Taing Oke (ChE69). He is a Zat Saya for RIT Ah Nu Pyinnya Ah Thin. He taught at RIT and Japan.
- Okpo Maung Yin Maung is the pen name of Saya U Aung Myaing (ChE72). He and fellow RIT poets (including Saya U Moe Aung, Saya U Nyunt Htay, U Win Myint and U Toee Maung) published a collection of poems about “Swel Daw”.
- Sayama Daw Yin Yin Mya (Terry) was Head of the English Department during our days.
- Saya U Yu Khin, father of Dr. Richard Yu Khin (Economist, Gold Medalist in SEAP Games Yachting), served as Registrar of the University of Rangoon. Sayamagyi Dr. Daw Phay was a family Physician of my aunt and my mum.
- U Yu Khin (CSO) attended UCC courses. He was a programmer for the Population Census Data Processing done at UCC.
- Saya U Yu Htay studied in the UK and taught Chemistry at the University of Rangoon. Yu Beng (Benny Tan, M70) is a founding member of RIT Alumni International and a core organizer for SPZP-2000 held in San Francisco. He is a multiple Golden Sponsor for the SPZPs and a core sponsor for the Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe & Gathering of the Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65 along with U Thaung Sein (Steeve aky, EC70).
- Yu Sein (Selwyn Tan) is the elder brother of Benny and a classmate of Jeffrey at MEHS. He is an accomplished vocalist.
- Yu Za Na (Yuzana) is a flower.
- Yu Za Na is the Burmese name of Carlton Cinema (owned by Saya U Tin Htut’s parents).
Middle or Ending with Y
- Ar Yu is a son of Director Thadu. Ar Yu may mean Longevity.
- Daw Gyn Yu (ChE72) and Saya U Aung Myaing (Okkpho Maung Yin Maung, ChE72) extended their hospitality to RIT sayas, sayamas and alumni visiting Bangkok (especially for medical check up and treatment).
- Khin Hnin Yu is a two-time winner of National Literary Award.
- Khin Yu May (actor, vocalist) is a two-time winner of Academy Award. Her sister Khin Yu Swe is not famous as Khin Yu May.
- Maung Ko Yu is a prominent lawyer. Grapevine says that the then Number One asked “Is Maung Ko Yu still there?” during a visit to Rangoon University. Maung Ko Yu lost his teaching job.
- We had to study about “Mee Bone Byan” U Kyaw Yin. He was aerial acrobat, who performed on hot air balloons. His son U Kyaw San (Ka Sa) is a cartoonist.
- U Kyaw Yin taught Burmese at Rangoon University. He was a victim of “false identification”. According to Dr. Nyunt Wai, U Kyaw Yin also wrote magazine articles under the pen name “Ka-hti-ka” U Kyaw Yin.
- May Yu is the present from the British Navy to Burma Navy.
- May Yu is an academy award winning actress. Her sister Thuzar (spouse of U Tun Aung (Jeffrey, EC68)) took two forms to attend the first ever training program by the “Yoke Shin Kaung Si” (Movie Council). The rest is history.
- Min Yu Way (U Win Maung) is an author and editor. He founded Ngwe Tar Yi magazine. In my primary school, I received a translation of “Aesop Fables” by Min Yu Way and Ngwe Tar Yi as a prize.
- Mon Yu (Harry Tin Htut, M69) is an author. He loves singing and staying fit with different forms of exercises (e.g. Tai Chi).
- Daw San Yin Myint (Samantha Myint) is from the second batch of B.Sc. (CS) from ICST. She attended SPZP-2000 with her aunt Dr. Betty Chu and her cousin Maurice Chee (M75). She invited me to attend the 5th Acariya Pu Zaw Pwe of ICST/UCSY.
- U San Yu is a Boyoke turned President of the BSPP Government.
- San Yu Hlaing, daughter of U Tin Hlaing (an early Mechanical engineer at Burma Railways), studied Computer Science at UCC.
- Tan Yu Saing was a Colonel and a member of the Revolutionary Council. Grapevine says that his name cost him his job.
- U Tin Yu, father-in-law of Thamankyaw Than Win (T70), is a movie Director and Owner.
U Ye Myint (ChE70) taught at RIT before moving to Singapore. He donated to RIT and ChE.
U Ye Myint (EE72) is the elders son of Sayagyi U Ba Toke. He accompanied Sayagyi to SPZP-2000 held in the USA.
U Ye Myint, father of Zayanda, is a classmate of Uzin Chan Min. They are B.Com graduates.
Dr. Ye Myint is my cousin nephew.
U Ye Gaung was a Minister.
U Ye Gaung (EE80) established May Recording Studio.
U Ye Lwin (GBNF) attended GTI and RIT. He is a Bass Guitarist and Leader of E-Machine & Myizzima Hlaing.
U Ye Sint taught Physics before moving to the USA. He was VP of TBSA, and Editor of Dhammananda Newsletter and the Memorial Book for Sayadaw U Silananda. He has published four books with the pen name “Ogga”.
There were boxers such as Ye Tint and Ye Swe.
Ye Aung is an actor.
Ye Htut Aung is from the first batch of ICST.
Ye Kaung was a Student Political Party at the University of Rangoon.
Ye Yint (formerly Regent) is a cinema.
Madan Chand (C70) wrote :
U Ye Myint (C70) taught at RIT.
Eddie Shein wrote :
Brigadier General Ye Chit Pe (Retired, MEHS64) is my classmate M 70. He descended from Thu Kaung Myoo, a title giving by Myanmar Kings.
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint wrote :
(1) Dr. Ye Myint is Burma’s second cardiac surgeon (first was the late Dr. Khin Maung Thaw).
(2) Prof. U Ye Myint was a renowned laparoscopic surgeon.
(3) Prof. Ye Myint Kyaw, pen name Linga Ye Kyaw: Paediatrician, author of over 20 books, script write for the three books made into movies. Regular contributor of both medical and non medical topics.