Updated on March 15, 2019
The list is not exhaustive.
Beginning with L
- La Min (EP70) is a Paulian. He was a Lu Shwin Daw at RIT. His hobbies include music and writing.
- U Latt is a writer.
- Saya U Lin (M66) is an Organizer and Patron of SPZPs and SDYF. His buddies were U Soe Win and U Soe Aung.
- Lin Htin was a leader of the Karen army. He married Naw Louisa Benson.
- Lin Lin Aung (T69) lives in Singapore.
- Bohmu Lin Thein Maung is the twin brother of Bohmu Win Thein Maung. They were Navy Commanders.
- Lin Yaung Chi is a magazine.
- Linn Kyi (Ronald, C74) is a dhamma friend.
- Sayadaw Dr. Lwin Aung (A59) served as Professor and Head of Architecture Department and retired as Pro-Rector of YTU. He practices Dhamma and also consults for the construction of religious buildings (pagodas and monasteries).
- Dr. Lyn Aung Thet is the younger son of Saya Dr. Kyaw Thet and Sayama Daw Khin Khin Gyi. He was a Luyechun from IM(1). He is a multi-athlete. He won the Sprint events in Swimming and played Water Polo for IM(1). He plays Tennis and Chess.
- U Lyn Maung Thet (GBNF) is the elder son of Saya Dr. Kyaw Thet and Sayama Daw Khin Khin Gyi. He attended PPBRS.
- Lyn Swe Aye is a medical doctor. He is a co-sponsor of the Aye Thet Scholarship.
Middle or Ending with L
- U Aung Lwin was an academy award winner. He was a Director, script writer and an actor.
- Saya Dr. Ba Lwin (EE59) and Saya U Myo Kyi (EE59) are the senior sayas (by seniority) at the EE Department. Saya Dr. Ba Lwin often visits his daughter and his relatives in the USA.
- Born Htain Lin, Bogyoke changed his name to Aung San to rhyme with Aung Than (his elder brother).
- Htain Lin is a painter. His spouse is the former British Ambassador to Myanmar.
- Htain Lin is an author and organizer of COBA (Citizen of Burma Award).
- Htin Lin is the pen name of U Thein Maung, winner of National Literary Award.
- Htin Lin is the son of Khin Maung Zaw (KMZ). The name is the pen name of his great grand father.
- Daw Khin Khin Latt (Ma Ma Mi) is the spouse of Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe (Founder of UCC, Rector of RASU). One of their sons is named Swe Latt bearing part of their names.
- U Khin Maung Latt taught English at the University of Rangoon, and at his private tuition school (along with U Thein Maung). He served as Chief Editor of WPD (Working People’s Daily). He is the father of Saya Dr. Khin Maung Win (Maths) and the grandfather of Maung Maung Win (Maung Yit, Cartoonist & Moe Ma Ka) and Mi Mi Win (Junior Win, bilingual writer).
- U Khin Maung Latt, father of Saya U Khin Maung Gyi (English) and U Khin Maung Lay (RIT soccer, Principal of Labor School, Member of Burma HRC), was Minister in the AFPFL Government.
- U Khin Maung Latt (M63) played soccer and rowed for the Faculty of Engineering. He is the brother of U Khin Maung Lay (Henry, T68), a multi-sport athlete and Past President of BASES.
- Dr. Kyaw Lin is a Urologist.
- Dr. Kyi Lin is a medical doctor.
- U Kyaw Lin (SPHS) applied for DSA. He was “tested” his recruiter. He was asked, “Yebaw, how would I be related to you if I marry your sister?” His answer, “Bogyi, it would be the same if I marry your sister”.
- U Kyaw Lin (Physics) is the younger brother of Saya U Kyaw Win (Physics). They are my dhamma friends.
- Maung Latt (Hla Myint, EP7x) is a Paulian.
- U Maung Maung Latt is President of BADA. He was elected MP (Member of Parlaiment) from the Beelin Constituency in the 1990 Elections.
- Dr. Min Lwin (SPHS60) is an Orthopedic Surgeon. He treated me when I inadvertently broke a small bone in my left wrist. He made sure that I could attend the wedding reception of my niece.
- Dr. Min Lwin (Maurice Hla Kyi, SPHS70) stood Second in Burma in the Matriculation. He is a cousin brother of U “Lake” Win Maung (George Tun) and Sayama Daw Khin Swe Aye (Winnie Tun, ChE70). He treated me long ago when I accidentally stepped on a pebble and hurt my left foot.
- Myay Latt is a region in Burma.
- U Myint Lwin (Charlie, UCC) was Burma Judo Champion. He had a Diploma in German from IFL (Institute of Foreign Lanaguages). His spouse is a niece of Saya U San Tun (M59).
- Dr. Myint Lwin Thein and his team offered DAG (Diploma in Applied Geology) courses.
- U Nay Lin was my SPHS Classmate. He and Henry Wong (Than Win) were close friends.
- Dr. San Lwin (Ronald Lwin, GBNF) was a Cardiologist. He is the father of Sayama Daw Tin May Lwin (UCC).
- U Sein Lin pointed out some errors in my posts.
- Dr. Sein Aung Lynn operates “Lynn Dental”. He is an organizer of Su Paung Donlaba and Su Paung Kathein at Taungupulu Kaba Aye monastery in Boulder Creek, California.
- Saya U Sein Lwin (GBNF) studied in the USA during the time when racial discrimination was prevalent especially in the Southern States. He served as Professor of Zoology. He is a brother of Sayama Daw Khin Than Kywe.
- U Sein Lwin (Raymond Ba Phyu, GBNF) was a distinguished vocalist. He perished in an air plane crash. He is the elder brother of Playboy Than Naing.
- Su Phaya Latt was a Queen.
- Saya U Than Lwin (Eric Lwin, GBNF) studied at LSE (London School of Economics). He was a room mate of Sayagyi Dr. Chit Swe. U Than Lwin taught Economics (as part of Industrial Management) at BIT. He served as Lecturer at the Faculty of Social Science and as Librarian of the Social Science Library. Daw Myint Myint Khin (Hazel) was Assistant Librarian and later moved to RIT as Librarian.
- U Tin Latt (SPHS68) and his elder brother Edmund Ba Thin (my former classmate) are Paulians. U Tin Latt rowed for Ye Kyaung Lu Nge.
- U Tin Latt (M85) is President of RITAA, General Secretary of SDYF, and EC Member of MES. U Myo Aye (M94) succeeded U Tin Latt as President of RITAA for the term 2018 – 2020.
- U Tin Maung Latt and his brother U Tin Maung Lwin are Old Crocodiles (Past members of RUBC).
- U Win Latt (UCC) wrote Win Horo with my supervision. He worked in Burma, Singapore and Thailand.
- U Zaw Lin is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
- U Zeyar Linn is Past Captain and Gold of RUBC.
Saya U Kyaw Lwin Hla taught English at RIT. He then joined UNDP (United Nations Development Program).
U Kyaw Lwin (C) served as Minister of Construction. He earlier was a Director General. I was an Ei Hmyaung at a dinner reception to honor Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi at U Nyan Tun U’s residence. Several active and retired Ministers and Deputy Ministers paid respect to Sayagyi and Saya Dr San Hla Aung.
U Maung Lwin (Dawei, formerly Tavoy) owned a schooner. U Hla Moe (Han Shein), his second son, perished when the schooner was lost at sea. U Hla Moe was warned by U Ba Than (Athletic Director and amateur palmist) that he could face a fatal accident. U Hla Moe replied that he had survived a car accident (which left scars on his face) and that he would be visiting home via his father’s schooner and then return to Rangoon to become a Donlaba (temporary monk).
Bohmu Lwin Swe (EE61) is one of the senior alumni. He is a happy Great Grandfather.
U Kyin Lwin (M69) is a regular at the 69er Gatherings.
Saya U Saw Lwin was a Director (or higher) at the Department of Higher Education (DHE).
For several years, U Lwin Oo worked double jobs and also served as a Kappiya. Then, he had a calling to become a monk for life.
Pyin Oo Lwin is a name for Maymyo.
“Maung Mae Thit Lwin Kyo So Pwe” is a welcome party for freshers.
U Zaw Lwin was an actor.
(1) U Aye Lwin (M69) served as Secretary of the RIT Mechanical Engineering Association and as a Member of the RIT Annual Magazine. He attended the 2015 Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles.
(2) U Win Lwin (M69) served as Secretary of the RIT Hiking and Mountaineering Association. He and Ko Cho Aye (M70, GBNF) climbed Mount Victoria with the students from other Universities’ and Institutes. The pictures are posted in an early Trivia.
(3) U Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69) retired as Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering from NTU. He attended all SPZPs and took part in the Entertainment Program as a vocalist. He plays the guitar along with Ko Albert Kyaw Min and Ko Robert Win Boh at the 69er gatherings. Saya U Win Mra (RIT English) taught him and his brothers U Kyi Lwin (George, C67) and U Thet Lwin (Henry, EE72) how to play the guitar.
(4) Saya U Thein Lwin (EE, GBNF) is an alumni of Lehigh University from the USA. Saya taught at RIT and Singapore Polytechnic. He was President of the RIT Badminton Association. Led by Sai Kham Pan (EP69), Burma Selected with No. 1 in Doubles and No. 2 in Singles. the RIT Badminton team won the Inter-Institute Championship.
(5) Saya U Kyaw Lwin (George Saw Lwin, EC65, GBNF) was a pianist and a rower. His elder brother Jimmy Saw Lwin is RUBC Gold.
(6) U Thaung Lwin (EC66) is RUBC Past Captain and Gold. He is the younger brother of Saya U Tin U, Saya U Ba Than, Dr. Myo Tint, U Tin Htoon (A60) and Saya U Myo Min (UCC).
(7) Sayadaw Dr. Lwin Aung (A59) served as Professor and Head of Architecture Department and retired as Pro-Rector of YTU. He practices Dhamma and also consults for the construction of religious buildings (pagodas and monasteries).
(8) Myoma Sayagyi U Ba Lwin was Chief Boy Scout of Burma. He served as Ambassador to Ceylon (Sri Lanka). His children include USIS/USIA U Kyaw Nyein, U Kyaw Thein Lwin (Burma Navy, Five Star Line, …), Saya Dr. Yan Naing Lwin (WIU) and U Than Lwin (US State Department).
(9) There are several Colonel Maung Lwin.
(a) One was MI Chief and Ambassador to Germany.
(b) One is the father of U Toe Lwin (Eco Rowing) and U Soe Lwin (Tekkatho Luyechun and amateur astronomer).
(c) One is a founding member of NLD, and the father of Daw Su Su Lwin.