For archive (Updated on February 1, 2019)
I met Saya Dr. Maung Shein and several sayas and sayamas (Dr. Ronald Findlay, Saay Jimmy [Dr. Khin Maung Kywe) and Professor Dr. Sundurum) when my uncle Saya U Than Lwin took me Rangoon University to visit the Faculty of Social Science. My uncle taught Economics and also served as the librarian for Social Science Library. Daw Myint Myint Khin (Hazel) was an Assistant Librarian at SS Library. She later joined RIT as Librarian. Saya Dr. Maung Shein became Deputy Minister of Finance and National Planning.
Kaya Bala U Shein was a Body Builder.
U Shein worked at SLR (Surveyor Land Records). He attended DAC. He was active in Hiking and Mountaineering.
Maung Shein and Maung Sein are sons of U Kwi Si, a prominent Chinese Ah Yo Ku Saya.
Shein Soe Myint (EC83, UCC) is the son of Saya U Hla Myint (former Head of Mathematics Department at the Institute of Economics. He passed away while doing further studies in Singapore.
There are several Tun Shein.
- U Tun Shein taught Mathematics at RIT. Ko Aung Myint (Pet69) is fondly called “Delta Tun Shein”.
- U Tun Shein (Willie Saing) is RUBC Gold.
Kenneth Shein played soccer for RU with Collegian Nay Win, U Tun Kyi and Dr. Tint Lwin, He joined Burma Railways and played for BR and Burma.
Pale Shein (Pearl) is the daughter of Kenneth Shein. She studied and taught at UCC. She co-organized UCC gatherings during my visits to Singapore.
There are several Han Shein.
- Han Shein (Hla Moe) rowed for the Faculty of Engineering. He perished at sea, when the schooner owned by his parents sank.
- U Han Shein’s daughers were belles.
There are several Aung Shein.
- Cartoon Aung Shein is known for Modern Cartoon. The RIT main gate is named after his cartoon character U Lu Paw.
- Dr. Aung Shein (C73) studied at the University of Birmingham.
- U Aung Shein is a dhamma friend.
There are several Win Shein.
- Goldflake U Win Shein
- U Win Shein (EC84)
- Kyi Shane (M83), dhamma volunteer
Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint wrote :
Dr. Maung Shein PhD, joined the World Bank after working as Deputy Minister of Finance in Burma. U Maung Maung Hla (younger brother of Dr U Kyaw Maung surgeon) also joined World Bank.