Updated on March 13, 2019
We were told that RIT is a dying breed and that our alma mater at one point resembled a jungle. During the Adhamma Era, the staff, students and even the innocent Swel Daw Bins were banished from the Gyogone Campus. Some higher authorities branded the school as Tha Bon Kyaung (a breeding ground for Tha Bons).
Then, something magically happened when H.E. U Aye Myint (EP72) requested Saya U Nyi Hla Nge and interested sayas and alumni to help return the beloved alma mater to its former glory.
Despite the low availability of funds for teaching, research and maintenance, several loyal and daughters and some who did not study at the school, but have strong emotional ties to the RIT community responded with physical, financial and spiritual support. Among the donors were U Khin Maung Tun, Dr. Myo Khin and Daw Mya Nwe, Daw Myint Myint, anonymous donors, children of alumni and some who are well-wishers.
- True “Home Coming” at the Gyogone Campus (SPZP-2012)
- Shwe YaDu Celebrations in 2014 (with 50 Swel Daw Bins)
- RIT Alumni Association
- Free food all day for SPZP-2016
- YTU Library Modernization
- (a) addition of a storey
- (b) e-library training
- (c) power supply
- (d) cables
- (e) HVAC
- The estimated costs for YTU Library Project went up.
- Maintenance needed at the Estate level.
- Library is just one requirement for Accreditation.
- There are other requirements (Hardware, Software, …).
- A few detractors were trying to sag the spirit of the “Ko Htu Ko Hta” team
Poem from our younger days
In life’s rosy morning
In manhood’s firm pride
Let this be the motto
Your footsteps to guide
In storm or in sunshine
We’ll go onward and conquer
and never say FAIL.
Alive and well
The ground floor of YTU Library is almost complete.
Donations — big and small — are coming in.
YTU scholarships are being offered by NorCal RITAA, KMD and several other groups and individuals.
Swel Daw Yeik Foundation is taking care of the sayas and sayamas. With the balance handed over by the “Steeve and Helen Kay Health Care Fund for RIT Sayas and Sayamas” and U Khin Maung Tun’s Fund for Eye Care for the Sayas and Sayamas, SDYF team has conducted annual Medical and Vision Check ups.
RIT Spirit is alive and well.