(1) Paying respect to Sayas for their metta and cetana is a tradition that is unique to Burma/Myanmar.
The tradition is alive and well.
There have been SEVEN world wide SPZPs :
SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007, SPZP-2010 (Singapore)
SPZP-2004, SPZP-2012, SPZP-2016 (Yangon)
(2) Many alumni are active in the following:
SDYF (Swel Daw Yeik Foundation)
RITAA (RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association)
MES (Myanmar Engineering Society)
MEC (Myanmar Engineering Council)
(3) “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar” (HMEE-2012) was published in time for SPZP-2012.
The project’s initiators included Saya U Soe Paing, Sayagyi U Ba Than and several sayas and alumni (See Acknowledgement in the Book).
Saya U Aung Hla Tun and team (including Yours Truly) compiled the book.
The draft for the first two sections were prepared by Saya U Soe Paing and team.
Ko Ohn Khine (M70) translated Section 1 and summarized Section 2.
Ko Ohn Khine’s translations have been revised by Saya U Soe Paing.
Saya U Aung Hla Tun suggests that the Book is due for revision/update every five years (or so).
Several meetings have been held for HMEE-2018 (follow up project to HMEE-2012 mentioned above.
(4) YTU Library Modernization Project
Donations — large and small — are coming in.
U Khin Maung Tun (T78), Daw Myint Myint (C69), Saya Dr. Myo Khin (C70) and Daw Mya Nwe (Winsome, C73), Saya U Tin Htut (M60) … donated K100 Lakhs each (or more) for the Project.
Thanks to Ma Nan Khin Nwe (83 Intake) and team. The team had incrementally published the list of donors.
Phase One : The construction for adding a storey is completed.
(5) The Library could/should have a section to help remember our beloved alma mater, our sayas and alumni activities.
Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi endorsed Ko Benny Tan’s proposal to archive the mementos.
I have requested several class representatives to record (both formally and informally) their gatherings.
(6) There are several HCF (Health Care Funds).
We would be glad to hear about the progress of the Accreditation …
(7)There are several RIT related Facebook pages and web sites.
(a) RIT Updates
(b) Swel Daw Yeik Foundation
(c) RIT-YIT-YTU Alumni Association
(d) NorCal RITAA
(f) Google Group for Combined 1st BE Intake of 64 and 65
(g) Google Group for RIT Updates