For archive (Updated on February 27, 2019)
(1) Sayagyi U Ba Than matriculated in 1947.
(2) He studied at the Imperial College. Upon his return, he joined the Faculty of Engineering, University of Rangoon as Assistant Lecturer in the Mechanical Engineering Department.
(3) After teaching for some time, Sayagyi returned to Imperial College to study for a Master’s degree (which was required to get promoted to Lecturer).
(4) Saya served as Lecturer and Acting Head, and then Professor and Head until his retirement.
(5) Saya has several albums : personal, family and engineering faculty & students.
(6) Saya loaned his photos for (a) display at MES (b) the publication of “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar”.
(7) Saya kept in touch with his former colleagues and students. He would invite them to his Annual Birthday Soon Kwyay on or around October 2nd. Ko Aung Maung (M73, GBNF) was Saya’s top aide.
(8) Saya U Tin Htut (M60) and U Tint Lwin (Daniel, M69) would pay respect to Sayagyi during their visits to Yangon.
(9) U Aung Min (M69) organized several mini-PZPs for Sayagyi. M69ers are joined by 69ers from other disciplines to pay respect around Sayagyi’s birthday on October 2nd.
(10) Sayagyi donated back all the garawa money that he had received from the SPZPs and mini-PZPs.