U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon Kaung, M83)
(1) He was the youngest founding member of “RIT Alumni International” headed by Saya Allen Htay (C58).
(2) After doing post graduate studies in the US, he founded “Mechanical Solutions”.
(3) He and his spouse Lilian Kaung (EC83) set up “iNapa Wine”.
(4) They hosted several RIT gatherings at their winery.
(5) They donated their premium wine at (a) NorCal RITAA Annual Dinner (b) 2015 Los Angeles Alumni Gathering and (c) selected events
(6) They had scary moments during the infamous Napa fires. They spent three weeks or so before they could return to their home. They were thankful to see their property unharmed.
Ko Gordon Kaung (M83) and Ma Lillian Kaung (EC83) wrote :
Thanksgiving is around the corner, we could see how fortunate we are to have caring RIT Alumni around the world, friends, and families who provided us moral (sending inquiries and messages for our well being) and physical supports (bringing in clothing, home cooked meals, foods, etc.) during our difficult time of the Napa Wildfire in California. What’s the RIT spirit!
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to (among many others) Saya Myat Htoo (C-68) & Ma Ku for opening doors of their Lathrop home, and Ko Benny (M-70) & Ma Angelina Tan for their personal invitation to their apartment in San Francisco for us to stay during mandatory evacuation.
We wish you all “very Happy Thanksgiving”.
May God bless your families!
Gordon (M-83) and Lillian (EC-83) Kaung
Northern California RIT Alumni Association (NorCalRITAA)