For archive (Updated on February 26, 2019)
(1) Saya U Tin Hlaing (M59, GBNF) served as Head of the Agricultural Engineering (sub-department of Mechanical Engineering). The scarcity of dialysis machines and the time to get passport & visa to go abroad for medical treatment contributed to his untimely death.
(2) Saya Dr. Tin Hlaing (M63) served as co-Chair of SPZP-2002.
His friends call him “R” and “Byte” to differentiate him from the senior U Tin Hlaing. Saya is a “Tone Kyaw”.
(3) U Tin Hlaing (SPHS59, ChE65) taught at Singapore Polytechnic along with Saya U Thein Lwin (EE, GBNF), Saya U Tu Myint, Saya U Than Myint (GBNF) and Saya U Aung Myint (M69).
(4) U Tin Hlaing (GBNF) was a Ye Kyaung Theik Pan Saya. When he passed away in Singapore, some RIT alumni thought that Saya Dr. Tin Hlaing had passed away.
(5) U Tin Hlaing (Le Dwin Thar Saw Chit) was a late bloomer. He was selected Tekkatho Lu Ye Chun in 1965. He won literary awards.