For archive (Updated on March 1, 2019)
Sayama taught English.
She is a bilingual author. She has written numerous books in both Burmese and English.
Sayama’s mother Daw Khin Saw Mu wrote poems and articles in Burmese. Her work was featured in a TEDx talk by U Nay Oke Tint (St. Paul’s), younger brother of Sayama.
Sayama comes from a lineage of scholars and statesmen.
Her uncles :
(1) U Tin Tut (first Burmese ICS by invitation, …)
(2) U Kyaw Myint (Head of the Tribunal to try Galon U Saw, former Dean of Law at the University of Rangoon, …)
(3) U Myint Thein (“MMT”, author, translator, former Chief Justice and victim of the 1962 Coup D’etat)
(4) Dr. Htin Aung (former Vice Chancellor of RU, distinguished writer [several works published by Oxford University Press])
Her aunts :
(1) Daw Khin Mya Mu (Translator of Kyauk Sar, Thamadi Myowun, …)
(2) Daw Tin Saw Mu (Lecturer in English)
Sayama is a happy mother, grand mother [and great grand mother].
Mai Khin Nyunt (Rosie, ChE71) added :
Ah Ko Hla Min,
I always have been in touch with Sayama as I take responsibility regarding 64-65 Intake RIT Students activity. Due to her Dhamma and kind heart, though she had some operations she is in good health.