Source : Ko Aung Min (M69)
Ko Khin Maung Myint (Shatstri, Civil/ Irrigation) passed away at Mandalay, his native town ) on 25 July 2018.
The serial number for the GBNF list of 69ers is 85.
May he rest in peace.
Ko Aung Myint (M69) wrote :
Ko Aung Min, We are saddened to hear the demise of our friend, Ko KMM. As we shared the same floor of hostel in our 2nd year, we had a lot of good memories. You may like to use this photo for those friends who do not know who Ko KMM @ Shatstri is.
The photo was taken in early 69.
Front row : Left to right
(1) Hla Kyaing (swimming, water polo, UTC, San Francisco)
(2) ** Hla Shwe (was a fresher and a room mate of Ivan then in 4th year. Ivan has no contact with him since).
(3) Khin Maung Oo (Ivan Lee, New Jersey)
(4) Khin Maung Myint (a) Shatstri (GBNF)
(5) Kyin Lwin
(6) Aung Myint
Back row : Left to right
(1) Myint Swe
(2) Sein Tin (Omega, Pathein)
(3) Tin Myint
(4) ** Chit Swe (Mining, GBNF since 1983 : per Wai Lu)
(6) Zaw Win (Nyaung Oo)
Ko Tun Tin (Myeik) wrote :
In 1964, Ko KMM was my room mate in C-Block.
Other comments :
Ko KMM was named Shastri after Lal Bahadur Shastri, then Prime Minister of India.
Ko KMM was never angry.
In 1964, Ko Zaw Win’s room was next to that of Ko Tun Tin and Ko KMM.
About 320 were admitted to the 2nd BE. Some (Saluja, Win Maung, Cyril, …) left school before graduation. The majority (probably between 275 and 300) graduated in 1969. The Class of 69++ includes some seniors (e.g. from the Class of 68) who became our classmates.