For archive (Updated on February 15, 2019)
Sayagyi U Ba was a pioneer Educator.
“Nga Ba” is a classic novel about a farmer.
Siblings of U Aunt Gyi
BT Bros were a major Coffee developer. It supposedly had a band. U Ba Thein and U Aunt Gyi played with the Myoma Troupe.
Not sure if U Aunt Gyi has a name or nickname with “Ba” in it.
He is a vocalist and a musician (who played piano, accordion, guitar …). He was one of the early vocalists to be selected by BBS for the musical programs.
- U Ba Thein, father of Than Than Nwe and “Superstar” Peter Ba Thein
- U Ba Oo, father of Tin Aung Moe (Eddie) and Tekkatho Aye Maung (Reggie). The two brothers were members of “Dream Makers”, “Playboy”, …
- U Ba Phyu, father of Sein Lwin (Raymond, GBNF) and “Playboy” Than Naing (Herman?)
- U Ba Tu, father of Pale (Pearl)
I have posted about “Ba Than“.
U Ba Myaing (GBNF) was a saya turned Registrar at SPHS.
There are at least two writers named Ba Thaw.
- One is a retired Police Officer.
- Another is a retired Naval Officer (Bohmu Ba Thaw, Maung Thaw Ka)
Thakin Ba Sein is a leader of a faction of AFPFL.
U Ba Htay, father of Saya AllenHtay (C58), had cousin brothers : Kyar (Tiger) Ba Nyein, and Bohmu Ba Thaw (Maung Thaw Ka).
U Ba Htay is the father of Dr. Tin Win (David Ba Htay) and Dr. Daw Hla Yee Yee.
U Ba Nyein supposedly advised the Revolutionary Council and Government to execute indiscriminate Nationalization and Demonetization.
U Ba Min (SPHS56) taught Mathematics and Astronomy. Due to medical problems, he resigned when he was transferred to Myitkyina.
Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor) added :
- Dr Ba U (President, Union of Burma)
- Bagyi Ba Pe
- Dr Ba Pu (orthopedics)
- Dr Reggie Ba Pe (physician)
- Yangon Ba Swe (author, socialist)
- Ba Yin Gale (jockey)
- U Ba Gyan (cartoonist)
- Dr Ba Maw (“adipidi”- figure head -Japanese occupation) and his brother Dr Ba Han (a dictionary by his name)”
- “Ba — Shwe Ba” (Imitating “Bond — James Bond”). There’s a Myanmar restaurant with this action actor’s name. The actual name “Aung Thu Kha” is less known.
- U Ba Swe – (Kyargyi Ba Swe) of Swe-Nyein faction when AFPFL split. We was a Defence Minister and also a care-taker prime minister.