For archive (Updated on February 13, 2019)
Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (M60)
- Saya studied in the USA.
- He came back to Burma on a ship together with Saya Allen Htay, Saya U Soe Paing and Saya U Ko Ko Lay (GBNF). They played Bridge on the long trip back home.
- He was assigned to teach at Ye Zin. Before reporting for duty, he visited RIT. Sayagyi U Ba Than mentioned that some M/Ag students are having problems following the lectures of Soviet teachers (via the translators). Sayagyi asked U Tin Maung Nyunt if he would like to join the Agri sub-department of Mechanical Engineering.
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt donated $500 to NorCal RITAA for the Training Component of the YTU Library Modernization Project.
- Saya keeps fit by hiking and light mountaineering, stationary biking, playing golf and practicing sitting and standing meditation.
- Saya likes “La Phet Yay Waing Discussion” initiated by Saya Allen Htay (GBNF). He continues the tradition with Ko Thein Naing (Patrick), me and occasionally U Ko Ko Aye and Dr. Kyaw Tint.
Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (Met70)
Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt (Met70) and Sayama Victoria Simon (Met70) taught at the Metallurgy Department.
Sayama’s father Saya Simon was Head of the Workshop.