For archive (Updated on February 20, 2019)
We took the first ever Matriculation Only examination in 1963.
Paulians took 7 places among the Top Ten, and 10 places among the Top Twenty.
- Khin Maung U (George, 1st)
- Min Oo (Kenneth, 2nd)
- Myo San (Freddie, 3rd, GBNF)
- Nyunt Wai (Victor, 4th)
- Thein Wai (5th)
- Hla Min (7th)
- Aung Kyaw Zaw (Johnny Maung Maung , 9th)
- Maung Maung Kyi (11th)
- Aung Thu Yein (Brownie, 13th, GBNF)
- Khin Maung Zaw (Frank Gale , 17th)
- We attended the last ever I.Sc.(A) class.
- Following the “Anniversary of 7th July, 1962” events, the major parts of the Universities (in Rangoon, Mandalay, …) were closed “for an unspecified period”.
- Engineering and Medical Classes were spared at that time.
- Subsequently, those who were only one year senior to us in High School graduated 2.5 years ahead of us (the Guinea Pigs of the Education Systems).
- We joined RUBC.
- In the Monsoon Regatta, the Paulians Crew was Runner-up for Senior Novices.
- Maung Maung Kyi (Bow)
- Hla Min (2)
- Kyaw Wynn (3)
- Willie Soe Maung (Myint Soe, Stroke, GBNF)
- Myint Thein (Cox)
- The Annual Regatta was cancelled.
- Sithu U Tin and the Patrons decided to hold the “40th Anniversary of the founding of RUBC” at a hotel in Kandawgyi.
- Sithu U Tin, U Po Zon and U Tin Htoon (A60) compiled the Souvenir Magazine for the event.
Faculty of Engineering
The newly minted Sayas include
- U Moe Aung (EE63)
- Dr. Win Tin (EE63)
- U Sein Maung (EE63)
- U Ba Myint (EE63)
- U Khine Oo (EE63)
- Dr. Tin Hlaing (M63)
- Dr. Tin Aung (K C Chiu, ChE63)