For archive (Updated on February 20, 2019
- Robin Ban (Dr. Kyaw Win, SPHS61) placed Second in the Matriculation examination in 1961.
- Lina Ong stood First.
- It would be the last “Matriculation & HSF Combined” examination.
In the following years, the students have to sit
- HSF (High School Final) Only
- Matriculation Only.
They essentially lost one precious year.
The Faculty of Engineering, University of Rangoon moved to the Gyogone Campus.
It was named Burma Institute of Technology (BIT).
U Yone Moe served as Dean of Engineering. He became Rector of Rangoon Institute of Technology.
U Sein Hla (MIT alumnus) served as Registrar.
The newly minted Sayas include
- U Maung Maung Win (M61)
- Dr. Sann Tint (EE61, GBNF)
- Dr. Aung Soe (C61)
- U Myint Lwin (H Num Pon, C61)
- Dr. Julie Han (T61, GBNF)
- Daw Amy Thwin (T61, GBNF)
The Second SEAP Games was held in Rangoon in December 1961.
Burma dominated in
- Track and Field