Traffic accidents often result in injury and death.
Types of accidents
- Fender bender
- Multi-car crash
- Head-on collision
- Tumble & roll-over
- Car hitting pedestrians
Accidents can be caused by
- Roads which are not designed properly
- Roads which are not maintained
- Inclement weather
- Drivers not obeying traffic rules (e.g. texting while driving)
- Sleep deprived drivers
- DUI : Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Road rage
- Engine and mechanical failure
- Vehicles that are not land-worthy
- Unsafe tires
- Medical emergency to the driver (e.g. heart attack)
- Tail gating
- Many countries employ the “STOP” sign and the letters “STOP” printed on the road. The majority of drivers obey them. The minority are cautioned with citations.
- Automobile associations and the volunteers for Public Safety give refresher courses for “Safe Driving”.
- U Thein Tun Aung (Dennis) gave a seminar in Yangon on “Traffic control (e.g. how to design monitor and synchronize traffic lights).”
Categories: Start with P to T