For archive (Updated on February 18, 2019)
- There is a spectrum of colors.
- Selected points are given labels.
- Some simplify by saying “White is the presence of all colors. Black is the absence. ”
We had mnemonics “VIBGYOR” to remember the colors of a rainbow : Violet, Indigo, Blue,Green, Yellow, Orange and Red.
- Traffic lights use three colors : Red, Yellow (or Amber) and Red.
- A friend, who is Color Blind, drives by noting the position of the light being On.
- One night, with the electricity cut off, the police was using two colored “Ye Khe Chaung” lights. My friend could not decide whether to stop or go.
- The early resistors were color coded.
- Some engineers, who are Color Blind, use meters to determine the values. “If there is a will, there is a way.”
The early TVs and cameras use the Positive (or Additive) Color Model (also known as RGB). Red, Green and Blue are known as the Primary colors. An arbitrary color can be derived from the three Primary colors.
The early printing presses use the Subtractive Color Model (also known as CYMB). Cyan, Yellow, Magenta and Black are the Primary colors.
An alternative model uses Hue and Saturation.
Dr. Kyaw Tint wrote :
We are still using RGB subpixels to form a tiny pixel of flat panel display.
Pixel sizes that are unresolvable by naked eyes are in the so called Retina Display screens.