For archive (Updated on February 18, 2019)
Order of Magnitude
- The mode of operation and the associated tools change with the Order of Magnitude.
- There is a change in an order of magnitude when a number (or measure) is multiplied by ten.
- An average person can walk about 4 mph (miles per hour).
- A car made possible for an average person to drive 40+ mph.
- An air plane made possible for an average person to travel 400+ mph.
- Newtonian Mechanics holds when objects move at a relatively low speed (compared to that of light).
- Modern Physics evolved from Classical Physics to handle the vast range of size and speed.
- Relativity comes into play when objects move at a speed closer to that of light.
- The size of an object can span several orders of magnitude.
Dr. Kyaw Tint wrote :
When they become small Quantum Mechanics can only describe their behaviors.