Birthday wishes – 2 sets
Ko Maurice Chee (M75) organized a Birthday Soon Kyway at Dhammananda Vihara, Half Moon Bay, Ko Maurice Chee in August 2016.
He prepared electronic and hard copy of the birthday wishes. One set was for attendees, who had not sent wishes by e-mail.
Thanks to the sayas, colleagues and friends for a memorable gathering.
Appreciation from Sayas and Alumni in US and Canada
Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi could not attend the soonkyway, but he requested Ko Maurice Chee to donate a food dish for him and his family. Sayagyi’s message was read by Ko Maurice.
Saya U Myat Htoo (C68) presented the appreciation award at Half Moon Bay soonkwyay and gathering (August 2016).
Alumni Appreciation Award from NorCalRITAA
The award was signed by
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68, Chair, BOD)
- U Kaung Kaung Oo (Gordon Kaung, M83, President)
- U Thaung Nyunt (M87, Secretary)
Saya U Myat Htoo presented the award to me at the NorCal RITAA Annual Dinner, 2016.
Collegiate Scholarship winners from SPHS in 1963
There were seven Paulians in the Top Ten, and ten in the Top Twenty.
- Dr. Khin Maung U (George, retired from FDA, USA) – 1st
- Dr. Min Oo (Kenneth, Maths Professor in Canada) – 2nd
- Dr. Myo San (Freddie, GBNF) – 3rd
- Dr. Nyunt Wai (Victor, retired from IM and Malaysian University) – 4th
- Dr. Thein Wai (migrated to USA after graduation) – 5th
- U Hla Min (EC69) – 7th
- Dr. Aung Kyaw Zaw (Johnny, retired Colonel) – 9th
- U Maung Maung Kyi (Dip Ing, retiree in Wales) – 11th
- U Aung Thu Yein (Brownie, EC69, GBNF) – 13th
- Dr. Khin Maung Zaw (Frank, retiree in UK) – 17th
Awards from Toastmasters International
I completed the following:
- CC (Competent Communicator)
- ACB (Advanced Communicator Bronze)
- ACS (Advanced Communicator Silver)
- ACG (Advanced Communicator Gold)
- CL (Competent Leader)
- ALB (Advanced Leader Bronze)
- ALS (Advanced Leader Silver)
- DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster)
Along the path, I served as
- Club Officer
- Area Governor
- Club Coach
- Contest Chair
- Guest Speaker
- Test Speaker
- Team Builder (for Excellent Leadership)
I received an MP3 player (loaded with dhamma talks) from Ko Khin Maung Tun, President, Swel Daw Yeik Foundation. We were both attending the 2015 RIT Alumni Reunion in Los Angeles, California.
I also received MP3 players from
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt
- my sisters
- Dhamma friends
Each player has Paritta Pali (protective verses) and dhamma talks by different sayadaws.
When my Desk Top that I used for writing “RIT Alumni International Newsletter Updates” died, CABA gave me a replacement Lap Top as a long term loan.
Coffee mug with photos
My beloved grandchildren gave me a present for Grand Father’s Day.
I edited or proof-read some books written by sayadaws (U Silananda, U Jota), sayas (Saya Des Rodgers) and friends (Saya U Aung Zaw). They provided me copies of their books.
I also received copies from others. They include
- Book by BBS U Khin Zaw (air mailed from Australia by U Wint Khin Zaw)
- Book honoring Dr. Thane Oke Kyaw Myint (air mailed from Australia by Dr. TOKM)
- Book honoring U Khin Maung Latt and Daw Khin Myo Chit (given by Junior Win,twin sister of Maung Yit)
- Books by U Ye Sint (former Editor of Dhammanda Newsletter)
- U Kesala (Chief Resident monk of Alodaw Pyie Monastery in Arizona)
- Book by Shwe Ky May Hnin (given to me at the San Francisco Bay Area Talk)
- Book by Saya U Moe Aung (Tekkatho Moe War)
- Book by Saya U Nyunt Htay
- Books by Nyan Oo Maung (currently known as “Mudita Shwe Kyaung Sayadaw U Nyanika)
- Books by various sayadaws in the Bay Area and beyond
- Book by William, grandson of Dr. San Oo and Daw Than Yi
- Book by Dhammacariya U Htay Hlaing (back in the 80’s when I translated several of his “Dhamma Duta” articles)
- Books by Sayawun (Dr.) Tin Shwe (by his daughter Tyn Tyn Aye during her UCC studies)
- Several book presents (not by the authors).
- KMZ mailed me two books that he bought in Myanmar. One is about U Thant Ah Yay Ah Khin. The other is a collection Bagan poems (by Zawgyi and translated by Ah May Thar).
- Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt believes in a “revolving library”. He gave me several books that he enjoyed reading.
I served as Editor for “90th Anniversary Issue of the Founding of RUBC”.
I also wrote poems and articles for “Swel Daw Yeik Sarsaung” for SPZP-2002, SPZP-2007 and SPZP-2010, and “Swel Daw Yeik Magazine for Shwe YaDu”.
U Ohn Khine (M70) and I compiled the CD supplement for HMEE-2012.
I received “raw” and formal CDs and DVDs for the various RIT Gatherings.