For archive (Updated on February 11, 2019)
NorCal RITAA awards
NorCal RITAA provided financial support for seven YTU students.
Four were given $1000 each.
Three were given $500 each.
Volunteers for Selection
Several RITAA members volunteered to interview the applicants and proposed a short list to NorCal RITAA for the awards.
Eight members of the Pre-selection Committee are seen together with the seven recipients.
The following donated $500 or more to NorCal RITAA for the YTU Scholarship Fund. Some are repeated donors. The complete list of donations is maintained by the Treasurer of NorCal RITAA.
- Daw Mu Mu Kin Htay, spouse of Saya Allen Htay (C58, GBNF)
- U San Lin (M87) and Daw Tin Lay Win
- U Myo Aung (M85) and Daw Thida
- U Myint Swe (EP74) and Daw San San (EC74)
- U Maung Maung Win (Maung YIT, EC93) and Daw Than Htay (ChE92)
- Daw Yo Shu (Yee Yee Win, EE74)
- U Tin Maung Win (C76) and Daw Thida Khin Win
- Gordon Kaung (M83) and Lillian Kaung (EC83)
- U Kyaw Myint (M83)
Raffle Drawing and Auction
To raise the YTU Scholarhip Fund, a Raffle Drawing was held at the 2018 NorCal RITAA Summer Picnic at Coyote Point Park, San Mateo.
Thanks to the donors of the prizes, to the attendees who eagerly bought the raffle tickets, and to Daw San San (EC74) and Edward Saw (Yu Ket, EC85) for serving as Raffle Masters.
Gordon Kaung (Kaung Kaung Oo, M83) and Lillian Kaung (EC83) generously donated three iNapa Premium Wine bottles. Each bottle sells for $75 – $80 on the Internet.
One bottle was put as as the Grand Raffle Prize. It was won by Ma Thandar, the youngest alumni present at the Picnic.
Two bottles were put on auction.
- U Sann Naing (M84) and spouse, owners of Burma Kitchen, successfully bid for the first bottle.
- U Walter Tan (M70) and spouse successfully bid for the second bottle.
- The sales from the auction $240 also went to the YTU scholarship fund.