For archive (Updated on February 9, 2019)
Most Anniversaries have a name
- Silver Jubilee (25th Anniversary)
- Golden Jubilee (50th Anniversary)
- Diamond Jubilee (75th Anniversary)
- Rangoon University Golden Jubilee (in 1970)
- Implementation of New Education System GJ (in 2014)
For events that occurred more than 100 years, there are
- Centennial (100th Anniversary)
- Sesquicentennial (150th Anniversary)
- Bicentennial (200th Anniversary)
- Tricentennial (300th Anniversary)
- Rangoon University was founded in December 1920. The Centennial Celebrations will be held in 2020. “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar” Part One (of second edition) is scheduled for publication in time for the RU Centennial in 2020.
- The first engineering courses were opened in 1923. The Centennial Celebrations will be held in 2023. “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar” Part Two (of second edition) is scheduled for publication in time for the Engineering Education Centennial in 2023.
- De La Salle Brothers founded schools in Burma starting with St. Patrick’s High School in Moulmein and St. Paul’s High School in Rangoon around 1860. The Centennial celebrations were held in the early 1960s. The Sesquicentennial celebrations were held a few years back.