For archive (Updated on February 27, 2019)
(1) Saya Des Rodgers and Saya U Khin were Scrabble Champions at the tournaments held at Guardian premises and YMCA.
Chambers Dictionary and Jones Pronouncing Dictionary were used to confirm/deny the word challenges. They were always present on Saya U Khin’s desk.
(2) Saya U Win Mra was Burma’s Pole Vault Champion before he was asked to “retire” by the doctors. Saya U Win Mra and Saya Des are excellent guitarists and singers. Saya joined the Foreign Service. He was Myanmar’s Ambassador to the United Nations. He is chair of Myanmar Human Rights Commission.
U Khin Maung Lay (“Mutu”, M70) is a member of the Commission.
(3) Saya Joe Ba Maung was Burma’s Tennis Champion in Singles and Doubles (with U Than Lwin). Saya joined Burma Railways. He served as Advisor for Burma Railways Sports Program.
(4) Saya Sao Kangyi wrote as Khemarat. He is the brother-in-law of Sao Hso Holm (“Sawbwalay”, son of Arzani Sao San Htun).
(5) Saya U Kyaw Lwin Hla transferred to UNDP.
(6) Sayama Terry migrated to Australia. She was a Beauty Queen in her college days.
(7) Sayama Charity later became Head of the RIT English Department. Met her briefly at SPZP-2012.
(8) I met Sayama Muriel when she and Saya U Aung (Alphoso) visited Saya U Tin Maung Nyunt. We had a couple of lunch gatherings.
(9) Sayama Toni is a cousin of Ko Thet Tun (Henry, M 75). Their aunt is the spouse of Saya U Tin U. Met her briefly at SPZP-2012. Syama is a Khamee Khamet of Saya U Win Mra.
(10) Sayama Daw Khin Saw Tint (Ann) published several books. She is the niece of ICS U Tin Tut, U Kyaw Myint (Head of Tribunal for Galon U Saw’s case), U Myint Thein (former Chief Justice and writer/translator “MMT”), Dr. Htin Aung (former Rector and author of several books about Burma and Burmans), …