For archive (Updated on February 6, 2019)
U Thaung Sein (Steeve Kay, EC70, Multiple Golden Sponsor) called me this morning. He had two successful careers: first as an engineer in the semiconductor industry for 15 years, and second as founder and CEO of QTC for 20 years. Recently, he has launched a third career — a consulting firm and an investment firm — which will provide some free time to pursue his hobbies and help with more non-profit activities in addition to CABA (Charitable Alliance of Burmese Associations) and “Helen and Steeve Kay Health Fund”.
From Saya Allen Htay
Saya Allen is the President, RIT Alumni International. He wrote :
Hello Ko Benny, Ko Hla Min, Ko Maurice and Ko Khin Zaw:
I am a little slow replying. Mu Mu and I will participate in the
Baby Shower for Khin Khin Latt on 4/20/06 at Ko Khin Zaw [youngest paternal uncle of KKL] and Ma Wai’s home.
I do not know what is customary to bring for the baby shower, that is Mu Mu’s department. As for Ko Khin Maung Zaw, I am planning to bring a bar of lavender soap and a tiny bath towel. Any better suggestion?
Khin Khin Latt is the daughter of U Soe Myint and Daw Aida Than Saw. U Soe Myint is the eldest son of U Thein Maung (Htin Linn, National Literary Award author). The other sons are U Soe Win (EC 70, ex-ucc), U Kyaw Zaw (EC72, GBNF), and U Khin Zaw (ex-ucc). U Soe Myint worked as Editor at Working People’s Daily under U Than Saw (Chief Editor). He became Chief Editor at the Guardian Daily newspaper.
Ko Zaw Tun Naing and Ko Nyan Win Shwe
ex-rit singapore wrote :
Please be informed that there will be Ex-RIT, Singapore 7th meeting on
Date: 30.04.2006 (April 30, SUNDAY)
Time: 14:00 to 16:00 (2:00pm to 4pm )
after Appreciation Lunch 12pm to 2pm.
Venue: Yunnan Corner
1. Review 2006 Thingyan
2. Update 2006 Thingyan Account
3. 2006 Thingyan Video Production
4. Define Price for 2006 Thingyan Video
5. Distribution Plan for 2006 Thingyan Video
6. 2007 Sayapuzawpwe discussion
We will discuss how should we celebrate the coming “Ex-RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwe” in April 2007”.
We’ll also form sub committees for actions.
7. Any other matters
Please come forward and give us good ideas. Your attendance is invaluable to EX-RIT, Singapore.
Reprints and revisions
I often said, “Reminisce the past, cherish the present, and plan for the future.”
Re-prints of old articles help refresh our memory. The following are excerpts from a poem:
I shot an arrow into the air
It fell to earth I knew not where.
I breathed a song into the air
It fell to earth I knew not where.
Long long afters in an oak
I found the arrow still unbroke.
And the song from beginning to end
I found it in the heart of a friend.
Value of health
The other day, a young man in his mid 30’s fell ill for three days and then passed away. We do not know the value of health until we get sick. The growing list of GBNFs remind us to live meaning lives and to appreciate the value of life.
The journey of 1000 miles begin with a step. The restoration of RIT to its old glory requires several baby steps to be followed later by giant leaps.
We are glad to learn that sayas and alums all over the world want to have a hand in shaping the future of engineering education and practice in Myanmar.
Editor’s Notes [for the revision] :
- The first SPZP was held in US in December 2002.
- The second SPZP was held in Singapore in December 2002.
- The third SPZP was held in Yangon in December 2004.
- The fourth SPZP was scheduled to be held in Yangon in December 2006, but the changes in political climate caused a change. Singapore alumni agreed to hold the fourth SPZP in April 2007.
- The fifth SPZP was held in Singapore in December 2010.
- The sixth SPZP was held in Yangon in December 2012.
- The seventh SPZP was held at the Gyogone Campus in December 2016.
- The eighth SPZP is expected to be held in Yangon in 2020. We have not heard concrete plans for SPZP-2020.
- Due to logistics, the interval between the SPZPs had increased from two years to 2.5 years and 4 years.