Updated on February 2, 2019
Attendees from Northern California include
- Saya U Maung Maung (George, ChE66, President, NorCal RITAA)
- Saya U Myat Htoo (C68, Vice President)
- Saya Dr. Tin Aung (K. C. Chiu, ChE 63)
- U Hla Min (EC69)
- U Benny Tan (M70)
- Saya U Thein Aung (James, Met72)
- U Robert Hla Thein (M72)
- Daw San San Nyunt (Sandra, M76)
- U Nyunt Than (M86)
Saya U Maung Maung has requested U Win Khaing (M 75, Chair, SPZP-2012; President, MES) to have a meeting at 3:30 p on December 29, 2012.
U Thaung Sein (Steeve Kay, EC70)
- He is a Multiple SPZP Sponsor at the highest level).
- He will give a 5-minute presentation/announcement at SPZP-2012.
- He provided the “seed money” (US$3000+) for SPZP-2000.
- He has pledged US$5000 for SPZP-2012.
- His other charitable donations include “Relief for Cyclone Nargis victims” (via CABA), “Helen and Steeve Kay Health Care Fund for RIT Sayas and Sayamas”, Golden (and above) sponsorship for all the RIT Grand Reunion and Saya Pu Zaw Pwes,
U Yu Beng (Benny Tan, M70)
- He is a Multiple SPZP Sponsor)
- He will also attend SPZP-2012
- He co-chaired the Working Committee with U Hla Myint Thein (Maurice Chee, M 75) for SPZP-2000.
- He designed the SPZP Banner, and the commemorative T-shirt, mug for SPZP-2000.
- He is currently enjoying his third career as a proud grandfather taking care of the grand kids.
Sayas and Sayamas
- Most sayas and sayamas from overseas and out of town will converge to Yangon around December 26 – 28.
- Some have accepted the two-night stay (for December 29 and 30) provided by the SPZP-2012 organizers/committees/sponsors.
- Sayagyi U Aung Khin (M) and Saya U Tin Htut (M 60) will stay at Winner Inn. Sayagyi U Ba Than (M) will welcome them personally at the air port before taking them to Winner Inn
Main events for SPZP-2012 will be held on December 30, 2012.
Morning: Saya Pu Zaw Pwe (paying respect to four tiers/groups of sayas and sayamas) in the RIT/YIT/YTU Gyogone Campus
Lunch (probably Birayani/Danbauk and refreshments) will be provided to all attendees
Some souvenirs will be provided to the “registered” attendees
Exhibition booths: photos, cartoon boxes, vintage RIT magazines, list of sponsors/volunteers, ….
Items on sale:
- “History of University Engineering Education in Burma/Myanmar” by Saya U Aung Hla Tun and Ah Phwe,
- Commemorative issue of “SWEL DAW YEIK MAGAZINE” by U Saw Linn (C 71) and Ah Phwe,
- RIT Cartoons by U Myint Pe (M 72) and Ah Phwe
- Souvenirs (ball pens, key chains, calendars, …)
Reunion Dinner at Convention Center on Min Dhamma Road
Ticket: K15000 per person
Group of 10 sayas/alums may request to be seated at the same table
Entertainment (include the famed SWEL DAW YEIK AH NYEINT, …)
Special request: Please “car-pool” or take public transportation to minimize traffic congestion and parking problems.