For archive (Updated on January 29, 2019)
Funeral program details of Dr. F Ba Hli are as follow:
- 6 July 2015 Monday
- 3:00 pm
- Castlebrook Memorial Park Cemetery, Windsor Rd, Rouse Hill NSW 2155, (02) 9629 1477
As per family’s request: it would be greatly appreciated if you wish to contribute donations toward ‘Heart Foundation‘ instead of memorial/sympathy flowers.
Sein Win [C80, President, Association of Myanmar Engineers in Australia]
Brief Bio and Sad News
Sayagyi Dr. F. Ba Hli (Sc.D., MIT) is the son of Sayagyi U Ba Hli, first Burmese Dean of the Faculty of Engineering at Rangoon University and the initiator of the “Twinning Program” with prestigious universities in the USA and UK.
- wrote an article about his beloved father in the commemorative issue of SPZP-2000 RIT Alumni International Newsletter
- taught part-time at the EE Department while serving as Director General of UBARI (Union of Burma Applied Research Institute).
- served as Adviser in the Ministry of National Planning
- served as a Board Member for UCC Project
- served as External Examiner at UCC and DCS.
He celebrated his 93rd birthday on June 28, 2015.
He had a heart attack on June 30,2015 and was taken to West Mead Hospital. He passed away at 3 AM (Australian Standard Time) On July 1, 2015.
He is survived by Daw Myint Thwe, sister of Sayagyi U Tin U (C), Sayagyi U Ba Than (M), Dr. Daw Win Hlaing, Dr. Myo Tint, U Tin Htoon (A 60), Saya U Myo Min (UCC), U Thaung Lwin (EC 66) and Daw Cho Cho Hlaing.
Daw Tin Tin Hlaing (UCC) and U Htay Aung (EC 80, UCC), and U Tha Hlaing (EC 83) are planning for the funeral service of their father.
Sayagyi Dr. Aung Gyi wrote :
Ko Hla Min,
I am very sad to know that Dr F. Ba Hli has passed away recently.
As I have mentioned before in my contributing article to the History of Engineering Education in Myanmar, Dr Ba Hli was one of the nicest persons that I had the privilege of knowing in my life. He was helpful in every way to me and U Min Wun so that we were able to adapt successfully to our studies at MIT.
I send my heartfelt condolences to his family.
Saya U Soe Paing wrote :
Please convey our condolences to Daw Myint Thwe, Htay Aung, Tin Tin Hlaing and the family of Saya Freddie Ba Hli.
Dr. Ba Hli was an active member of the UCC Board of Management.