For archive (Updated on February 24, 2019)
- Saya U Hla Myint (Charlie, M 65) was still working in October, 2011.
- He took time off to attend the annual “Pathan Recitation” at Asuza monastery in Los Angeles, visit some relatives and former colleagues in the San Francisco Bay Area, and see Las Vegas before returning to Sydney, Australia.
- He was impressed with the memory of Saya Mao Too Siong (M62, Burma Table Tennis Champion in singles and doubles) and U Myint Lwin (Henry Chee, C63, who took sabbatical to get married before graduation) for vividly recalling events and names that occurred nearly six decades ago in Rangoon.
- Saya Charlie said that he knew many students but can no longer associate some names and faces.
- Saya remembers the loss of his two team mates Ko Jimmy Kyin (Tex 69) and Ko Peter Pe (class of 70, younger brother of Saya Nitar Pe) from the RIT swimming and water polo team.
- Saya also remembers that Saya U Thein Aung (Met 72) was “Mr. RIT” in ’68.
- Saya U Hla Myint is from the Ludu Cigarette Family.
- His cousins include Ko Michael Lim (C73), Ma Kyu Kyu Lin (Bawlone, T75) and Ko San Lwin (EC77).
- Saya Charlie and Saya Melvin (Myo Win, M/Ag65) co-chaired the RIT Alumni Gathering at Sydney in 2006.
- Saya represented RIT in swimming and water polo, and later managed the team.