Written in Jan 2012
For archive (Updated on February 25, 2019)
Ko Aung Min (M69) wrote :
- Ko Tin Hla ( EP 69 ) passed away yesterday (10 Jan 2012) of cancer spread over most of his organs, originally started on his lungs.
- He was suffering cancer.
- He had an operation four months ago.
- His funeral will be on the 12th January 2012 13:00 hours at Yae Wai/
- He is the No. 59 on GBNF [Gone But Not Forgotten] list.
- Ko Shwe, Myint Maung. Win Maung, Aung Gyi Shwe, Myint Thein Kabar, and I went and met his family yesterday.
- May I remind you to take care of your health.
Ivan Lee (M69, USA) wrote :
- It is sad news.
- I was very close with him at the RIT second and third years.
- I named him Tommy, resident from Myoung-Mya.
- I met him at the Bassein college first year. He had a younger brother. When his father passed away in Rangoon, I remembered he and I seated together at the front, next to the driver of the funeral car at Rangoon Chinatown.
- At my RIT 69er welcome party in Yangon in Nov. 2006, that was the last time I saw him.
- I am sending my deepest condolence to his family, and wish him be merry whatever he is going to be.
- It is an universal rule, we can keep going to lose one after
- another, will never ever to add any single one more into our network, regardless what, we must regard [and help] one another. And take care of our health, not others assistance, but ourselves desirability.
- God bless all of our beloved classmates , alumni, respectful Sayas.
Aung Kyaw Pe (EP69) wrote :
Very sad to hear the demise of him.
Sein Myint (EP69) wrote :
- Very sad to hear from Aung Min regarding Ko Tin Hla from Myoung mya.
- He is very near to Myint Mg (Bu Gyi).
- We were very near when doing this and that.
- Kristian Lal also together with him.
Thein Swe (EP69) wrote :
- Well done! Thanks for your annual and, occasional reports [about the ’69er Health Care Fund].
- Once a friend is forever the friend.
- The older we become the more we should recognize our classmates no matter whether alive or deceased, in high or low profile.
- Please extend my words of thanks to Ko Shwe, Moe Hein, Myo Nyunt, Myint Sein, Kyaw Zin, Myint Thein, etc for their activities regardless of old age. There are some outstanding classmates of the year 2011 viz: Ivan Lee @ Khin Maung Oo (USA, Kyaukme, M), Tin Tin (Anne, USA) and Nyunt Nyunt Wai (Tx, Germany).
Sein Tin (Omega, M69) wrote :
- Thank you Ko Aung Min and team for your annual report of Health Care Fund and activities.
- You are right. We are at the sun set time. We need both physical and mental support to each other.
- You have done well. I support you.
Editor’s Notes in 2019 :
- At one time, the Class of 69 had a median age of 69 and the GBNF list was 69.
- The median age is 73. The GBNF list is approaching 90.